Tuesday, January 20

Last year and this year.....

Last year was a crazy year in my life. I moved twice, between countries, and I learned how easily I can fail and yet how strong God has made me. I was stretched like no other, went from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows, and I was blessed more than I have ever been. I met and formed relationships with people that I will remember forever. I worked and bettered my cooking and baking abilities, learned the right and wrong ways to give and even to love. I learned how to forgive more and how to be more forgiving. I learned how to enjoy reading, and I almost read the whole bible in the course of the year (didn't quite get to finish Revelation). I read lots of wonderful books. I read over my goal of the previous year (which was a book a month) - thank you to those of you that let me borrow them. :) Yet, in the end, I learned how to appreciate the little things and the big things more. I learned how to see the love in authority and to appreciate it - even though I made some mistakes in that area.

This year, I am focused on health. I listen to Family Life Radio (90.3) constantly. It feeds me way more than Air1, which I still enjoy at times. I like listening to Dr. Randy Carlson and how he counsels people over the phones and I have learned a lot. I've learned how to be a stronger person, better ways to how people accountable, and better ways to talk to people and deal with things. So, back to health... I am focused on becoming healthy in every way: mentally, emotionally, spiritually, physically, and last but not least - financially.
  • Mentally - I'm just trying to figure out how to process things better so that the other things will fall into place.
  • Emotionally - I don't know how I'm going to work on it, but I trust that God will show me as the year goes on. I think I'm okay right now, but I'm sure I can improve in this area as well.
  • Spiritually - prayer is huge and has always been something for me to work on. Lately, I feel the need to pray more and I find myself praying without ever thinking about doing it. I'm being drenched by His beautiful Word in my own times with God and then on the radio as well.
  • Physically - I'm trying to cut out sweets and eat better. I started on a diet last week, and I'm trying to be realistic by making better eating choices. Eventually, I hope to start working out.
  • Financially - I've been tithing regularly since Oct./Nov. and it's been amazing. God has been blessing me so much, and I actually have a savings account now. Praise God.
So, here's to health. Health in all parts of our lives individually and health in all of the relationships in our lives.

No comments: