Monday, September 29

Last night, I was trying to sleep, and I was praying. I've always had some confusion in my heart as to why God brings different children in my life for a time, and then why He takes me away from them. I guess in my heart, I have always been some what jealous and envious of the people and situations where God allows them to be the permanent or long lasting people in the kids lives - where they actually get to be in their lives for more than months - but for years.

Then, God brought to remembrance my namesake. In the bible, people were named after situations. Esau got his name because he was hairy and Jacob got his name because he had his brother's heel. I was named after Hannah, the famous mother of Samuel, who dedicated her child to the Lord when he was an infant, and then proceeded to have five other children who she also bore and raised.

It was this part that God had stick out for me. Then, He showed me, I am only called to be in children's lives for a time, and then I have to rest and dedicate them to Him. These aren't "my" children, I never bore them, and I am not their mom. Yet, I was merely one person in their lives that loved them and tried to teach them about our heavenly Father's love and ways. Now, I simply have to rest.

I told Humberto crying once a while ago, "Son, I have peace. The only way that I can have peace is knowing that when I am not with you, our Father is with you. And with that, I know you are okay and He is watching over you."

Peace in God is one thing. Dedicating the kids over to Him is something else. This is my last step - this is the last step.

Lord, I publicly dedicate these precious children to You. These kids are not ours, they are not theirs, but they are solely Yours! Love them, protect them, comfort them, and teach them like only You can do.

PS. Ben, I cry more than you now. Way more.... :)

No comments: