Tuesday, September 30

It's good to back at my home church again. I love my church, I love the people, and I love how I am able to worship God freely.

This past Sunday, I brought my sister and niece to church with me. My little cousin's 5th birthday party started at 11, so they came with me instead of going to my parents' church in Scottsdale that starts at 10:30. Timing and location are key sometimes. :)

It was great to see people that were missing the week before and to find out that I will be able to go to the women's retreat this weekend. I am really looking forward to it - especially spending time with Mandy, Amy, and every one else that I love so dearly.

Yet, here's the cool things, the reactions of the church from my niece and sister.

My niece, Lily, is 4 years old. At my parents' church, she constantly begs for me to stay with her. At VCC, she cried when we didn't stay with her (she was also younger then). Now, here at Amadeo, she stayed in the class with only wanting a kiss goodbye. Then, yesterday, when I was e-mailing someone, she asked if I was writing my friend from my church. She then said, "I want to go to your church again. Everyone liked me. Can I go to your church with you sometime?" Apparently, Kathleen, Chris, Lynden, Stryder, Ella, Trinity did something right, because she really wants to go again.

My sister, Sarah, also enjoyed the service. She was blessed by how people were able to participate with testimonies and with communion, and she also felt more comfortable to worship. She told me that she enjoyed the feel of the people and how people weren't afraid to be freaks for God. It encouraged her to see so many people that are "on fire" and living for God.

These were their words, not mine. I was just blessed that they were able to be a part of it. Praise God.

3 comments:

Oz said...

That's great .. I'll have to get caught up on the back story of where you are and for how long.

Hope all is well.

Take care,

Oz

friend said...

very encouraging

Oz said...

Also, I don't have a good email address for you so email me some time at kostby - at - gmail DOT com

I want to add you with a new email address for access to my story site.

Oz